- PhD – The Florida State University – Spanish Linguistics (Second Language Acquisition)
- M Ed – McGill University, Montreal, Canada – Second Language Education (ESL)
- BA – University of Havana, Cuba – English Literature and Translation
Second language sentence processing. The acquisition of Spanish syntax by speakers of other languages. The processing of English, Spanish and French grammatical features in real time. Bilingualism in the United States.
Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition. Spanish & English Phonetics and Phonology. Spanish for Heritage Speakers. Spanish Morphology and Syntax. Grammatical Features of Romance and Non Romance Languages.
Publications & Research
- Rodriguez, E., & Reglero, L. (2015) Heritage and L2 processing of person and number features in Spanish: Evidence from Spanish subject verb agreement. E-JournALL, EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and Languages. Special Issue , 2 (2), 1-19.
- Rodriguez, E. (2015). Processing a multi-functional structure in the L2: Taught first, learned first? In Margit Grieb, Yves-Antoine Clemmen, and Will Lehman (Eds.), SCFLLF 2014 Conference Proceedings. Contemporary Approaches to World Languages and Cultures. (pp. 17-33). Brown Walker Press: Boca Ratón, FL.