- PhD – The Florida State University – Linguistics - Second Language Acquisition
- M Ed – McGill University, Montreal, Canada – Second Language Education (ESL)
- BA – University of Havana, Cuba – English Literature and Translation
Second language sentence processing. The acquisition of Spanish syntax by speakers of other languages. The processing of English, Spanish and French grammatical features in real time. Bilingualism in the United States.
Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition. Spanish & English Phonetics and Phonology. Spanish for Heritage Speakers. Spanish Morphology and Syntax. Grammatical Features of Romance and Non Romance Languages.
Publications & Research
- Wood, C., Fitton, L., & Rodríguez , E. (2018). Home literacy of kindergarten Spanish-English speaking children from rural low SES backgrounds. AERA Open, 4 (2), 1-14; DOI: 10.1177/2332858418769613.
- Wood, C., Fitton, L., Petscher, Y., Rodríguez, E., Sunderman, G., & Lim, T. (2018). The effect of e-book vocabulary instruction on Spanish-English speaking children. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research (JSLHR), 1-25. doi:10.1044/2018_JSLHR-L-17-0368.
- Rodríguez, E. (2018). Heritage speaker on-line processing of passive sentences in Spanish. In Yves-Antoine Clemmen, Margit Grieb and Will Lehman (Eds.), Essays in World Languages and Literatures: Stereotypes and the Challenges in Representation, pp. 27-38. Brownwalker Press: Boca Ratón, FL.
- Rodríguez, E. Sunderman, G., & Wood, C. (2017). The relationship between parental language dominance of heritage Spanish-speaking children and child performance in normative language assessments. Heritage Language Journal, 14 (3).264-287.
- Rodriguez, E., Bustamante, K., Wood, C., & Sunderman. G. (2017). A Comparison of the Grammatical Production of Child Heritage Speakers of Spanish across Language and Grade: Kindergarten and Grade 1. Languages 2(4), 27; doi:10.3390/languages2040027
- Rodriguez, E., & Reglero, L. (2015) Heritage and L2 processing of person and number features in Spanish: Evidence from Spanish subject verb agreement. E-JournALL, EuroAmerican Journal of Applied Linguistics and Languages. Special Issue , 2 (2), 1-19.
- Rodriguez, E. (2014). Processing a multi-functional structure in the L2: Taught first, learned first? In Margit Grieb, Yves-Antoine Clemmen, and Will Lehman (Eds.), SCFLLF 2014 Conference Proceedings. Contemporary Approaches to World Languages and Cultures. (pp. 17-33). BrownWalker Press: Boca Ratón, FL.