Currently, a Ph.D. student in the College of Information and a Program Specialist for Behavior for the Leon County School District in Tallahassee, FL. Prior to beginning the doctoral program at FSU and supporting middle and high school students in behavioral supports and services, teaching in special education classrooms & inclusive educational settings, especially with adolescents that have been identified with Autism Spectrum Disorders & Emotional/Behavioral Disorders, created the push into the doctoral program in Information. Meeting the needs of secondary students in the area of information literacy and technology as they transition to into post-secondary or other educational settings, especially for those with ASD, is an area of concern and high need.
Publications & Research
- Professional Development: ASD in Adolescence
- Training: Technology & Formative Assessments
- Training: Differentiation and Technology
- Co-Presentation: PBIS “Where We’re At”
- Training: Utilizing iPads for Special Education Instruction
- Professional Development: Our 1:1 Classroom, What Can We Do?
- Poster: Supporting Social Communication for Adolescents with ASD Through IPE-IPP ASHA 2016
- Poster: Self-Determination and Social Competence for Tweens with ASD ASHA 2015