- University of Northern Iowa, B.A., 1973
- University of Northern Iowa, M.A., 1974
- University of Oregon, Ph.D., 1990
Early Intervention: Service Delivery Models; Early Intervention and Prevention; Routines-Based Intervention; Clinical and Distance Education
Early communication intervention, Developmental disabilities, Autism, Clinical methods
Publications & Research
- Kashinath, S., Coston, J. & Woods, J. (2014). Using a logic model in early intervention. Young Exceptional Child.
- Wetherby, A., Guthrie, W., Woods, J., Schatschneider, C., Holland, R., & Morgan, L. (2014). Parent-Implemented Social Intervention for Toddlers With Autism: An RCT. Pediatrics, 134:6, 1084-1093. doi:10.1542/peds.2014-0757
- Klin, A., Wetherby, A., Woods, J., Saulnier, C., Stapel-Wax, J., & Klaiman, C. (2015). Toward innovative, cost-effective and systemic solutions to improve outcomes and well-being of military families affected by autism spectrum disorder. Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine.
- Brown, J. A., & Woods, J. J. (2016). Parent-Implemented Communication Intervention: Sequential Analysis of Triadic Relationships. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 12, 30-42. doi:0271121416628200
- Coufal, K. L., & Woods, J. J. (2018). Interprofessional Collaborative Practice in Early Intervention. Pediatric Clinics, 65(1), 143-155.
- Romano, M., & Woods, J. (2018). Collaborative Coaching With Early Head Start Teachers Using Responsive Communication Strategies. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 38(1), 30-41.
- Salisbury, C., Woods, J., Snyder, P., Moddelmog, K., Mawdsley, H., Romano, M., & Windsor, K. (2018). Caregiver and Provider Experiences With Coaching and Embedded Intervention. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 38(1), 17-29.
Grants & Awards