My interests meet at the intersection of technology, health, and society. I have worked with physicians, scientists, academics, researchers, and federal agencies to develop online tools, websites, and communication programs.
I like to use my education and research to better understand consumer health information seeking/processing/use to support medical decision-making. Also, I am fascinated about the influence innovations in health information technology and artificial intelligence, have on society and how those influences can be used to inform health policy.
With better understanding and focus on individual needs, we can reduce health disparities and barriers to advancements in research.
- PhD in Information, Anticipated 2021 Florida State University iSchool
- MBA, 2015 The George Washington University
- MPH, 2005 Drexel University
- BS in Bioscience, 2002 Drexel University
Publications & Research
- Gerido LH, He Z. Patient-Centered Strategies to Increase Participation in Cancer Clinical Trials. In: 2018 IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI). 2018. p. 361–2.
- Gerido LH, Kazmer MM, He Z, Mardis MA. Emergent trends in research to increase participation of underrepresented populations in cancer clinical trials: A qualitative analysis of the HSRProj database. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology. 2017;54(1):677–678.
- Yu B, Gerido L, He Z. Exploring text classification of social support in online health communities for people who are D/deaf and hard of hearing. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology. 2017;54(1):840–841.
- "Mapping Participation Barriers to Perceived Risk Factors in Cancer Clinical Trials," presentation given at the FSU School of Information Research Colloquium, February 2018
- “A Web-based System for Matching Communities to Research,” presentation given at the Society for Clinical Trials Annual Meeting, May 2006.
Grants & Awards
- Southern Data Science Conference Diversity Scholarship, Orlando 2018
- FSU College of Communications & Information Research Poster competition winner, Fall 2017
- Academy Health, Student Competition Runner Up, 2017
- School of Information Scholarship, Florida State University, 2016
- Health Scholar, The Monday Campaigns, 2004