- Ed.D. Boston University, Curriculum & Teaching – Educational Media / Technology
- M.Ed. University of Massachusetts, Boston, Instructional Design – Media
- Salem State, Salem Massachusetts, Massachusetts teaching certifications - business management, behavioral psychology.
- B.A. University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Music, Massachusetts teaching certifications -- Music specialist k-8; 5-12.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Online and Distance Learning Systems
- Interactive Software Design and Development
- Website Usability and Design
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development
- Interactive Software / Web 2.0 design
- Usability testing and research methods
- Entrepreneurship / small business development
- Digital media production
- Project Planning and Management
Publications & Research
Please visit Dr. Adams' portfolio Web site for resume, media samples and publications.
Grants & Awards
Grants and Contracts
- Fulbright Scholar, core program, Mukdahan Thailand. January - April, 2015
- Federally funded grant projects - $2.3 million (SBIR, USDOE-CIES)
- Federal and state contracts - $203 thousand (US EPA, NCMEC, Montana Tech, FSU)
- Entrepreneurship fund-raising $25,000 (FSU 3 Day Startup 2012 & 2014)
- Guardian of the Flame Award, Burning Spear (2013).
- Transformation Through Teaching, Center for Global Engagement Spiritual Life Project (2012).
- Top 5 Paper, International Communication Association (2011).
- 1rst Prize in the faculty paper competition, Association for Education, Journalism, and Mass Communication (2009).
- Best panel presentation, National Communication Association (2007).
- Gold Award Winner, Parent's Choice Software Design Award (2006).
- 3rd Prize; Educate and Inform category, Broadcast Education Association International Festival of Film, Video and Media Arts, Interactive Multimedia competition (2005).
- Award of Excellence in the Persuade/Sell category, Broadcast Education Association Faculty International Festival of Film, Video and Media Arts Competition (2003).
- Bronze Medal, The Horizon Interactive Awards (2003). Distinguished Achievement Award, Association of Educational Publishers (2003).
- Finalist, Golden Lamp Award, Association of Educational Publishers (2003).
- Top Faculty Award, Broadcast Education Association Eastern Regional Conference Faculty Division (2002).
- Best Training CD-ROM, Massachusetts Multimedia Industry Council (MMIC) (1999).
- Second Place Award (runner-up) for Best Educational Multimedia Title, Massachusetts Multimedia Industry Council (MMIC) (1999).
- New Media Portfolio Issue Seal of Merit Recognition for Finest and Highest Quality Educational Title, New Media Portfolio (1995).