Elizabeth Ray is pursuing her PhD at Florida State University. Elizabeth received her master's degree from FSU in Integrated Marketing Communication and is also a University of Florida graduate, with a degree in Telecommunication-News and a degree in Political Science. Before beginning the doctoral program at FSU, she served as the Communications and Marketing Director for a statewide hospitality trade association. Prior to moving to Tallahassee, Elizabeth worked as a television news reporter at WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, WMBB-TV in Panama City and WUFT-TV in Gainesville. She's been a member of VISIT FLORIDA’s Global Communications Committee, the Council for State Restaurant Association’s (CSRA) Communications Committee and the Florida Public Relations Association’s (FPRA) Capital Chapter. Outside of the classroom, she enjoys playtime with her son, Elijah, taking pictures of her rescue pup, Huckleberry, and sincerely appreciates that her loving husband, Whitney, is a phenomenal cook.
- MA 2016; Florida State University, Integrated Marketing Communication
- BS 2008; University of Florida, Telecommunication-News
- BA 2008; University of Florida, Political Science
Publications & Research
- Oehme, K., Perko, A., Clark, J., Ray, E.C. , Arpan, L., & Bradley, L., (2018, October). A Trauma-Informed Approach to Building College Students’ Resilience. Journal of Evidence-Based Social Work. DOI: 10.1080/23761407.2018.1533503
- Ray, E.C. & Merle, P.F. (2018) Dirty dining: how exemplification affects food safety perceptions. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 21:3, 315-328, DOI: 10.1080/15378020.2017.1399778
- Arpan, L., Bravo, O., Ray, E.C., Sellers, N. (2018, November). The Influence of User-Generated Public Service Announcements on Pro-environmental Behavioral Intentions. Paper presented at National Communication Association Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 2018.
- Ray, E.C., Merle, P.F. (2018, May). Can Reason Save Your Reputation in a Crisis?: How a Rational Crisis Response is Perceived by Highly Involved Citizens in a Health Crisis. Paper presented at International Communication Association Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2018.
- Ray, E.C., Merle, P.F. (2017, May). Dirty dining: how exemplification affects food safety perceptions. Paper presented at International Communication Association Conference, San Diego, California, May 2018.